Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Exams Blues

Never have I every thought that I would be taking my PSLE all over again. It's that time of the year where parents of P6 kids are getting all hyped up and telling their kids to study..study..study...Well, what else is new ? The answer my precious N will give is "I did !!"

Whenever I nag, yes..I really nag....that would be the reply I get from her. She'll rebutt, "Hey, I just did two hours of Science/Maths!!!" But the ever so anxious mum (me) cannot accept her sitting on the sofa watching TV. Sigh...it's ever so hard to strike a balance.

Precious N told me once that if there ever was a nag queen competition, I'd definitely come in first. That was after her classmate called me to 'complain' about what N did. It's that age where everything seems like the end of the world to them and the slightest thing can trigger lots of emotional outbursts that one could never imagine. So after speaking to her girlfriend and counselling her on what is a rumour and a question, I reigned as a 'nag queen'. Yeah....look on the bright side...I will not receive such calls again. Kids...even the form teacher was surprised that girl was so gutsy as to pick up the phone and speak to me. To set the records straight, she had to intervene and correct her disrespectful behaviour.

Anyway, N will not know of the sleepless nights I had spent worrying about how she is coping with the pressure and stress of the upcoming exams. I pray hard that she is blessed with the wisdom while sitting through the papers. All I can do is to support, encourage and accept that she has done her best. Hopefully she will do well and get into a good secondary school.

No comments:

Post a Comment