"So what shall we have for our snack today?" I asked K, my son who was wandering in and out of the kitchen looking for something to keep his little mouth busy. "Hmmmm, cupcakes? chocolate cake? " I suggested. "How about some cupcakes without those sour berries ? Maybe just plain cupcakes ?" he replied.
"Well son, you can have anything you want in a cupcake..you know?" I said. The next thing I knew, K opened the fridge door and began searching. With just an hour and half to spare, I had to quickly churn out the mixture and finish baking the cupcakes. So I roped in his godsister, A, who was spending the day with us. Both of them were running around getting the ingredients I needed and reading the measurements on the weighing scale. Soon, the batter was ready. Now it's time to add the extra fillings. I had chocolate buttons which K requested and what N, my gal would like. I filled up a spoonful of batter into the mini cups and they added the choc buttons. Before we knew it, K dropped in a mentos into one of the cups ! "Eeeeewwww !" commented A.
Anyway, I did tell him he could have anything he wished in a cupcake. So we put some markings on "K's" mentos cupcake.
After the cupcakes were baked and I did some frosting with some leftover whipped cream, they were extremely excited to taste it. "Yeah! Green, my favourite colour !" went K. He licked up the whipped cream and bit into his cupcake. We were watching his reaction on how it would be with the mentos. "I can't find it," he said. I was sure he had put it in there as I double checked it before topping the cup with another scoop of batter. Strange ! Well, after a few minutes, he said "There it is ! Right at the bottom of the cupcake.....but its all wet." Then, I realised that the mentos had actually melted. The feedback he gave was he could still taste the sweet. Nothing fantastic afterall. Trust my dear son with his funny ideas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment